Civil Works – Australia Pacific LNG
Fulton Hogan’s experience in earthmoving and civil construction was pivotal in meeting the challenges of the earthworks associated with a multi-billion dollar liquefied natural gas processing plant.
Our scope included:
- Clearing 160ha, producing 120,000 cubic metres of mulch
- Neutralising 200,000 cubic metres of acid sulphate soils
- Completing 3.3 million cubic metres of `cut to fill’ earthworks
- Crushing and processing of 200,000 cubic metres of rock
- Construction of marine landing facilities and haul roads
- Transportation of 250 staff and 1 million tonnes of water, equipment and materials from the mainland to Curtis Island
The work required extensive consultation with stakeholders including Traditional Owners, partnering with local contractors and the community, robust environmental and traffic management plans and a commitment to safety – over 2 million man hours were worked LTI free.
The joint venture project team worked closely with the client to ensure a successful delivery including managing a complex timetable to complete the scope of works, which changed many times as the design was expanded and finalised.SHARE
Curtis Island, Queensland
You might also like...
Peculiar Knob Haul Road
- SECTOR: Resources, Construction, Roads & Bridges
- LOCATION: Peculiar Knob
The client was experiencing a major problem with its 100km dirt haul road leading to its Peculiar Knob iron ore mine – it was unsafe...READ MORE
- SECTOR: Resources, Water, Construction
- LOCATION: Cape York
Fulton Hogan is a renowned leader in building water storage for dams and reservoirs in challenging terrains. All aspects of this expertise were tested for...READ MORE
Wellington International Airport Taxiway A Widening & Surfacing
- SECTOR: Airports, Construction
- LOCATION: Wellington
Recycling was an important focus during our work on the widening and resurfacing of Taxiway A at Wellington International Airport. We recycled 15 per cent...READ MORE