Major Cycle Routes
Fulton Hogan is one of the main contractors working to construct 13 major cycle routes across Christchurch. The cycle routes link different suburbs and provide easy access to business, residential and recreation areas. They also offer a safe transport option for cyclists, with many cycle routes separated from traffic with splitter islands.
To date Fulton Hogan has worked on the following cycle routes:
- Papanui Parallel – a 4.9km cycleway connecting Northlands Mall and the Northern Line cycleway to the central city. During construction Fulton Hogan trialled a cycle safe truck with a 360 degree camera attached. This provided the driver with a full view around the truck at all times. Side rails were also fitted to the truck as a safety measure, meaning there was no chance cyclists could be dragged under the vehicle.
- Sections of Rapanui-Shag Rock Cycleway, Quarryman’s Trail and Uni-Cycle cycleways.
You might also like...
Berth P026 Hardstand
- SECTOR: Ports, Resources, Construction
- LOCATION: Port Hedland
Sandfire Resources exports its high value copper concentrate by hauling it in containers from their DeGrussa mine site to their export terminal at Port Hedland...READ MORE
IMEX Intermodal Terminal 1
- SECTOR: Ports, Construction
- LOCATION: Sydney
Qube is developing the Moorebank Intermodal Logistics Park in Moorebank, Sydney, NSW. IMEX (Import-Export) IntermodalTerminal 1 – Construction was one of the packages of works...READ MORE
SH36 Pedestrian Overbridge (Matarawa Pa overbridge)
- SECTOR: Roads & Bridges, Construction
- LOCATION: Tauranga
This project involved the supply and installation of a pedestrian footbridge over State Highway 36 in Tauranga, including piers, abutments, concrete walkway, swales, a 10m...READ MORE
Waimea Community Dam
- SECTOR: Construction
- LOCATION: Nelson
Fulton Hogan is joint venturing with Taylors Contracting on the Waimea Community Dam. A three-year project in the Lee Valley, 36km south-west of Nelson. The...READ MORE
Wynyard Quarter Pump Station
- SECTOR: Water, Construction
- LOCATION: Auckland
Wynyard Quarter Pump Station is a critical asset required by Watercare to manage the wastewater generated by the extensive development in the Wynyard Quarter. The...READ MORE