We are pleased to announce the award of the Taxiway Zulu Program and Northern Access Route Project at Melbourne Airport.
The project forms part of a broader Northern Precinct Program to reconfigure the existing taxiways and apron layout, provide improved aircraft movements in the vicinity of Terminal 2, prepare for a potential future third runway, establishment of a construction compound and provide access for current and future works on the northern side of Melbourne Airport.
1. The works are categorised into three phases and include the following overarching components:
2. New taxiway network in the Northern Precinct totalling 270,000 square metres of paved area
3. Master-grading of apron areas associated with T2 Gates expansion project
4. Associated services and utilities neccessary to support development (including drainage and power)
The Northern Access Route will provide entry for the construction of the Taxiway Zulu Program and any future development in the Northern Precinct.
Scope of works includes:
- Road access networks including an interface with Sunbury Road and Oaklands Road roundabout
- Contractor compound (civil platform)
- An external access point will be provided via Gate 3 (at the Sunbury Road and Oaklands Road roundabout)
- Associated services and utilities including stormwater diversions, fencing, signage, services relocations, and infrastructure upgrades
This is our eighth successive project win for Melbourne Airport, along with the upcoming completion of Taxiway Bravo and Foxtrot Apron Projects.
Site work is due to commence in May 2019 and is expected to be completed by September 2022.
Congratulations and thanks to everyone who contributed to the tendering and negotiation process.