Types of Programmes
- Learn the science of producing asphalt and other raw materials at one of our facilities, along with the technical know-how to tender for and estimate jobs.
- Gain valuable experience working on infrastructure projects and building project management skills, all with a focus on safety, quality, and sustainability.
- Work and travel across New Zealand, on various civil construction and infrastructure projects for communities across the region.
- Gain exposure on-site on real projects, learning everything from commercial accounting through to corporate and management accounting
- Be supported through your Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) program
- Individual professional training plans supported by a professional mentor.
When does the programme begin?
The Graduate development programme commences in February 2023, however there are opportunities for successful graduates to commence work earlier as required.
When do the applications open and close?
Applications open on the 7th of March 2022 and close on the 5th of April 2022 for the 2023 Graduate Program.
Are there age restrictions?
If you’re a graduate, you’re welcome to apply, whatever your age. Please note, however, that our programme is designed for graduates with little or no work experience.
What Level of Qualification do I need?
Fulton Hogan is seeking Civil Engineering graduates with a diploma, Bachelor’s degree or higher to partake in the programme. Finance students will be required to have a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Do I need to be a New Zealand resident to apply for the Graduate programme?
To be eligible for our programmes, you must be a New Zealand or Australian Citizen or a Permanent Resident at the time of application.
Will late applications be accepted?
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date listed for your preferred programmes so it is best to get your application in early!
How long is the Graduate Programme?
The Fulton Hogan Graduate Programme is 24 months.
Can I apply again now if I was unsuccessful last year?
Yes. Our graduate programme is open to students who have completed their studies up to three years ago.
How much will I get paid?
Each year we adjust our Graduate salaries to be competitive in the market. We will share the package information with you should you be successful and offered a position but to give you a taste, in addition to a competitive salary, we also offer a slew of benefits such as career opportunities, a robust learning and development programme, medical/life insurances, retail discounts an awesome company culture with a family feel alongside a range of other perks.
How do I apply?
All applications are to be submitted online through at https://fultonhogan.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Fultonhogan through the Graduate Engineer or Graduate Accountant job adverts.